Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nigerian Letter Scam

Have you heard about Nigerian Scam? Actually in my experience I almost get fooled by the said scam.

I have received bulk of spam emails from this scam and I wonder where they got my information. They even knew my name and some information about myself, this may be due to some of the sites I have encountered.I am suspecting that some of the site owners who were responsible on some of the online registrations I have made had sold my personal information to other parties like to the people behind the Nigerian Letter Scam.

I have managed to contact one of the guys with this Nigerian scam. Actually they have had contacted me and was asking to send money in order to process the funds transfer of the amount which was more than million USD.

For the sake of everybody, Nigerian scam were offering big bucks to your account. They will tell you that they are lawyer and their client had big amount of money, died on plane crash without known relatives. In order to transfer the million US dollars they will be asking you to send money to them first in order to process the release and the transfer of the money to your account. It is called the "Nigerian Letter Scam" because they were referring on the bank account in Nigeria or sometimes it is associated with the Nigerian bank or people. This scam is being monitored by the Federal Bureau of Investigation by the link I mentioned below under the fbi.gov.

To give such example of the letters please find below:(Cut & paste from my email)

Thank you for your response to my mail and i quit appreciate your willingness to help deposite this funds to your Account.I am happy to associate with somebody like you to make sure that this transaction is a reality.This transaction will be concluded soon depending on our serious concern to it.

However,all i need from you is trust and understanding,Your contact details is equally important for easy communication.I amy give you a call when needed to relate any new development to you regarding this transaction.

Note that we have to hasten up to get this transaction concluded as soon as possible.I will need your Trust and contact details to know the person that am dealing with and to present you as the Next of Kin to the deceased .

I will be needing the following informations from you to tender to the Bank as that of the new beneficairy of the said $26.5m.

Age,

Full Names,

Right Address.

Company Names, (If any)

Occupation,

Phone Numbers,

Fax Numbers. (If any)

Marital Status,

Religion,

As soon as i get the above information , i will proceed to the Bank with it and submit it as that of the new beneficiary.

This is simple,legal,legit and risk free as i will be giving you all the needed legal backups to make sure that we get the money.

Do get back to me immediately you get this mail.

Note that in your reply to me you were asking how you can trust me.I am the person that will be asking for your Trust and not you since the Money will be coming into your Account while i come over to get my own share of the Money.So be rest assured that if you can be trusted that you have no reason to worry about.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Mr Prince .

No comments: